Supporting the goals and dreams of amateur athletes
Amateur Athlete Bursary Progam
Call for Applications now OPEN
The John Currie Amateur Sport Legacy Fund honours an important champion of amateur sport and a community builder central to the creation of Repsol Sport Centre. Mr. John Currie was President of the 1983 Western Canada Summer Games and has continued to provide volunteer leadership to the Calgary community.
The purpose of The John Currie Amateur Sport Legacy Fund carries forward the values and ideals of the original Legacy Fund established in 1983 by a gift from the 1983 Western Canada Summer Games. Inspired by this commitment to amateur sport, Repsol Sport Centre has raised funds from generous donors to increase the value of the Legacy Fund to $1million. Lindsay Park Sports Society, operator of Repsol Sport Centre, awards bursaries annually to qualified amateur athletes with financial need, training in Calgary.
January – call for applications
February – application deadline, February 28
March – adjudication, completed by April 1
April – bursary award presentation and celebration, Thursday, April 27
The DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION IS FEBRUARY 28, 2017
All applications will be reviewed by the Grants & Bursaries Committee and awards will be recommended to the Lindsay Park Sports Society Board of Governors for approval. Successful applicants will be notified and receive their bursary at a celebration event on April 27, 2017. Inquiries regarding the Amateur Athlete Bursary Program may be directed to email@example.com. Please submit only the completed application form online; additional information will not be reviewed by the selection committee.
- Applicant must be an amateur athlete with financial need, training in Calgary.
- Applicant must be a member in good standing in his or her club/association.
- Bursary recipients will be asked to serve as an Ambassador for Repsol Sport Centre, as available, one to three times in a year.
- Bursary recipients will be invited to attend a presentation ceremony on April 27, 2017, and asked to provide a recent sport photo.
- The ATHLETE must fill out PART A of the application form
- Your COACH or TEAM OFFICIAL must fill out PART B of the application form (include link to form)
Inquiries regarding the Amateur Athlete Bursary Program may be directed to:
Director of Sport