Age Restriction Policy
- Adults 16 years of age or older are permitted to attend Group Fitness classes.
- Children 13 to 15 are permitted to attend if they are accompanied by an adult over age 18. (No more than two children per adult supervisor.)
- The child must be within arm's reach of their adult supervisor at all times. Children 13 to 15 must participate in a pre-class orientation, which should be arranged in advance by calling 403.355.1246.
- Children age 12 and under are not permitted in Group Fitness classes.
- Children are not allowed to sit at the edge of the gym during Group Fitness classes.
Group Fitness Access Policy
Policy subject to change. Updated July 2020.
There are two ways to secure your spot in select Group Fitness classes:
- Group Fitness Member Portal Booking – see policy below.
- Group Fitness Access Cards – see policy below. (not currently in use)
Booking classes through the Member Portal or picking up a Group Fitness Access card is required for all Boxing Bootcamp, Row 'N TRX, Pilates Flex, TechnoSPIN, Strength and Balance, Zumba and Yoga classes. All Adrenaline classes can be booked through the Member Portal or by picking up a Group Fitness Access card. All other classes are on a first come first served basis.
Additional classes may require Access Cards if the number of participants reaches class capacity.
The Group Fitness Access policies are an integral part of a system put in place to serve the following functions:
- Help monitor the number of participants attending each Group Fitness class
- Guarantee people the opportunity to participate in select Group Fitness classes without having to stand in line.
- Assist Fitness Centre Consultants with the hourly stat counts within the facility.
- Assist the Duty Manager/ Fire Warden in tracking the number of people in the facility during an evacuation or an emergency.
- Ensure there is adequate equipment available for people to participate in the Group Fitness class.
- Assist the Group Fitness Instructor in monitoring the number of participants within each class.
Member Portal Booking Policy
- Participants can book a spot in select classes up to 7 days in advance.
- Online registration closes 90 minutes prior to class start time.
- Participants booking online are not required to pick up a Group Fitness Access Card.
- Participants will be required to verify their name and/or barcode number upon entry to the class.
- Participants must cancel a class booking no less than 91 minutes prior to class start time.
- Participants are to show up at least 5 minutes before the class starts, as empty spots are given to drop-ins.
- First booking NO SHOW is a warning. All further no shows will result in a $10 No Show Fee that must be paid prior to reentering the facility.
Access Card Policy (not currently in use)
- Only one Group Fitness Access Card will be granted per person beginning 60 minutes prior to the required class start time.
- Participants are required to pick up a valid Group Fitness Access Card from the Customer Service Desk.
- Participants are required to present a valid Group Fitness Access Card upon entry into the class. Once their equipment is set up, the participant is required to place the card in visible spot near their station.
- Group Fitness Instructors for Yoga, Pilates Flex, Boxing Bootcamp, Strength and Balance, Row N’ TRX, Row N’Box, Zumba and TechnoSPIN classes are required to collect the cards directly from each participant 5 minutes prior to the start of the class.
- A Group Fitness Instructor, Group Fitness Shift Leader or Manager will collect the cards from each participant 5 minutes before the start of the class.
- No one is permitted to participate in one of the specified classes without providing a valid Group Fitness Access Card. Individuals who do not produce a valid card will be asked to get a card from the Customer Service Desk.
- Cards are not handed out after the class starts. It will be the discretion of the instructor on whether or not they will allow participants access to the class after start time without a card.
- At the end of each class, the Group Fitness Access Cards will be returned to the Customer Service Desk.