Reports to: Fitness & Training Manager
What’s In It for You:
- Shifts include: Monday, Wednesday and Friday closing shifts: 3:30pm – 11:30pm. Saturday/Sunday shifts: 7:00am – 3:00pm & 2:30pm – 10:30pm
- Starting wage range: $15.00 to $18.50 per hour depending on education/certification and experience
- Free facility membership for you, plus a variety of free and discounted programs & services
- Performance based bonus program and an employee recognition program
- Professional Development assistance program available to support employee career growth.
- Annual staff events including BBQ’s, Corporate challenge, December holiday party and many more
- Free parking and close to transit with a C-train and bus stop steps away
What You’ll Do:
- Provide personalized and professional customer service in person and on the phone
- Provide Fitness Centre orientations to potential and first time customers
- Respond to general customer inquiries about fitness and the facilities
- General maintenance, upkeep and tidiness of the Fitness Centre area
- Maintain safety standards
- Handle immediate first aid needs
- Clean fitness equipment as outlined
- Educate customers and enforce Dryland rules
- Provide spotting support to customers
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times
- Special projects as assigned
- Provide support for special events as required
- Provide support to Duty Managers/Fire warden for security within the facility and parking lot
- Set up and take down of recreational equipment (eg.Volleyball nets)
- Assist other departments with task as requested
- Monitor all dryland bookings and communicate any discrepancies
- Teach small group strength based circuit class
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology, Movement Science or related field. Consideration may be given to candidates holding a PFT diploma or certification.
- CPR C (recertified within one year) and Standard First Aid (recertified within 3 years) – recert with in 2 years required before employment can commence.
- Additional certifications and evidence of continuing education are an asset (for example):
- CSEP – Certified Personal Trainer or CSEP – Certified Exercise Physiologist
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- NCCP Olympic Weightlifting, Kettlebell, TRX, Injury Rehabilitation
- Knowledge of fitness and ability to instruct and educate in a respectful manner, along with excellent customer service, communication, problem solving, and ability to deal with conflict in a diplomatic manner will help ensure your success.
- This position does require occasional heavy lifting and employee must be able to lift up to 50lbs and assist in moving heavy sport equipment.