Role: As a Swim Instructor your goal will be to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for our customers using our aquatic facilities through prevention, response and providing outstanding customer centric service and teaching skills.
The current primary hours for this role are Mondays and Wednesdays between 12-9pm, Tuesdays and Thursdays between 4-9pm and Saturdays and Sundays between 9am-4:30pm.
MANDATORY TRAINING DATES:
-Wednesday March 27th 3:30 pm-7pm – New Hire Training/On-Boarding
-April 5th 4-8:30pm OR April 6th 10-2:30pm (In-Service/Making Ethical Decisions)
-April 6th 2:30-6pm – Aquatic Programs Orientation
Reports to: Aquatic Programming Manager & Aquatic Shift Leaders
What’s In It for You:
- Free facility membership plus a variety of free and discounted programs & services
- Performance based bonus program and an employee recognition program
- After successful completion of probationary term, eligibility for our RRSP employer matching Program and our flexible benefits package
- Professional Development assistance program available to support employee career growth.
- Annual staff events including BBQ’s, Corporate challenge, December holiday party and many more
- Free parking and close to transit with a C-train and bus stop steps away
What You’ll Do:
- Maintain current certifications
- Present a professional appearance and attitude at all times
- Maintain a high standard of customer engagement
- Attend and participate in all scheduled in-services
- Attend and participate in professional development opportunities
- Prepare and maintain appropriate activity reports and administration
- Handle or refer programs and situations as they arise in the facility
- Maintain a level of fitness necessary to fulfill the practical elements of instructing
- Develop and integrate new, unique and innovative ideas, teaching methods and games through the use of internal and external resources
- Teach the Lifesaving Society and other Repsol Sport Centre Aquatic programs in a safe and effective manner.
- Assist in planning, and instructing Aquatic Program special event days.
- Responsible for keeping participants together and prepared to evacuate in case of a medical emergency.
- Submit availability quarterly by the designated deadline
- Instruct lessons a minimum of two three hour shifts per week.
- Complete Aquatic Instructor Training Program before first teaching shift
- Work closely with the Aquatic Program Manager/Aquatic Shift Leaders with development of Aquatic Programs short term and long term
What You Need
- Swim and Lifesaving Instructor (current)
- CPR C (recertified within one year) and Standard First Aid (recertified within 2 years)
- National Lifeguard (current)
- National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) Level 1 or higher an asset
To maintain your continued employment with Repsol Sport Centre you must uphold the minimum teaching hour requirements (2 x 3hr shifts/week) for your first year of employment. Instances where individuals do not meet the established criteria will be reviewed on a case by case basis and action will be taken accordingly.